My sole purpose is to help others make informed decisions about their health and lifestyle choices. It is what we don’t know that will hurt us. Most people don’t have the time to research cutting edge technology, read the research that never makes it to mainstream media and then ask the question, “What if the things I’m doing are not the best answers for me and my family, even though it seems to work for others?” What is it that we don’t know that is affecting my health today that won’t be announced until decades later?
When I was not feeling my best in 2004, I was merely told, it was hormonal. Now there’s a great explanation for why I was tired, rundown, had zero energy, slept all the time and started gaining weight, when I was a previous healthy vibrant athletic young lady. I have since discovered I’m not the only one who has not been given answers for why I had poor health, fatigue and a host of other ailments but instead told that it was all in my head or was hormonal.
Here are some of my accomplishments and experiences that have led me to want more than what mainstream medicine offers. (Please understand I am not faulting mainstream medicine – it is the way they are trained, not to be disease detectives, but to prescribe for symptoms, surgery to remove body parts that are malfunctioning and not to return the body to ultimate health by good solid nutrition, lifestyle and choices. I ask the why questions. Why are we not suspecting lifestyle, habits and everyday choices as the reasons for our malaise and lack of vitality?
- Medical Laboratory Technologist, (ASCP) trained and worked at one of the largest trauma units in Virginia.
- Director of the Medical Assistant School in Lynchburg VA at Phillips Business College training in all areas of the lab, anatomy and physiology, medical ethics, pharmacology math, medical office assistance, etc. for area physicians; had a reputation of providing “some of the best medical assistants” the area doctors had ever encountered from this area. CMA (AAMA)
- Worked for the largest private research firm in the Washington Metro Area conducting government research contracts for:
- National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES) which is the largest on going statistical survey that was started in 1957 and continues today for such organizations as National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS), Center for Disease Control (CDC), National Institute of Health (NIH), National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH), and many others too numerous to mention. Was a clinical data collector from 1990-1994 and was called back as a trainer from 1996-2001.
- National Inventory of Clinical Laboratory Testing Services for CDC which led to the development of the CLIA standards that all laboratories follow today for their certification.
- Private sector research for Proctor and Gamble and Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research – just to name a few of the studies I had a key role in as a trainer and data collection.
- Returned to College at Kennesaw State University from 1995-1996 pursuing my degree in Medical Genetics and Advanced Biology. Called back out of school to continue with research on the CLIA data collection and NHANES IV project.
- Did volunteer work at McLean Bible Church from 1996-1998, part-time staff 1998-2000, then accepted a full time commissioned pastor position in 2001 until 2004. This is important as many alternative health practitioners are new age while I am fully grounded in the Biblical Word of God as a born again believer of Jesus Christ.
- Enrolled in International Institute of Original Medicine out of Columbia Maryland studying under Dr. Jim Sharps from 2005-2007. Trained in Circle Testing for electromagnetic resonance frequencies.
- Was accepted in May 2007 at Canyon College, Caldwell Idaho to pursue an online degree in Doctor of Naturopathy which is accredited by the American Naturopathic Medical Accreditation Board (ANMAB) and the graduates are eligible to apply for certification exam through American Naturopathic Certification Board, Inc. (ANCB).
- Additional training from Biomedx (www.biomedx.com) in Chicago Illinois in Live Microscopy, Biological Terrain Part 1 and 2 in July 2006, and August 2006, November 2007, respectively.
All of my experiences may look very impressive but nothing is more impressive than my clients who have learned the reasons why they felt so bad and are now on the road to making better health choices and understanding how the body responds to everyday habits! Seeing people learn and understand how they can have better health, make informed decisions and change their lives is exciting. Information and knowledge is power, the power to change your life, your choices and your lifestyle! I love being a disease detective, what is the why behind your what? I can’t cure diseases but I can identify weak links to your health and help you on your journey to better health! That is the greatest accomplishment I could ever have.